Congresswoman Robin Kelly Releases Kelly Report on the New American Dream
Washington, DC – Today, Congresswoman Robin Kelly, co-chair of the Democratic Budget Group, released the Kelly Report on the New American Dream.
According to Congresswoman Kelly, this report asks one central question: “is the American Dream still achievable?”
The report details how strategic investments in young people, mature workers, education, manufacturing and the digital sector will create jobs, foster opportunities and empower all families to live their American Dream.
The report contains contributions from leading federal and local policymakers, including:
- Democratic Caucus Chairman, Rep. Joe Crowley (D-NY),
- Congressional Black Caucus Chairman, Rep. Cedric Richmond (D-LA),
- Congressman Matt Cartwright (D-PA),
- Congressman Eric Swalwell (D-CA),
- South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg, and
- Birmingham, Alabama Mayor Randall Woodfin.
The Congresswoman also tapped into Chicagoland’s braintrust for columns from:
- Patrica Fera, director of the Workforce Investment Board of Will County,
- Emile Cambry, founder of BLUE1647, and
- Professor Teresa Cordova, director of the Great Cities Institute at the University of Chicago.
The 2018 Kelly Report on the New American Dream is available for download here.
Some of the proven strategies reflected in this report can be found in legislation introduced by Congresswoman Kelly, including The Today’s American Dream Act (H.R. 3839) and Urban Progress (UP) Act (H.R. 5164).
Since 2014, Congresswoman Robin Kelly has produced a Kelly Report in every Congress. These reports examine critical issues facing our nation and proposes solutions that work. Previous Kelly Reports have examined preventing gun violence and ending health disparities.