Congresswoman Kelly Nominates Nine to Military Academies
Congresswoman Robin Kelly today nominated nine high school students from the second district for admission to three United States Military Academies.
“These outstanding young men and women represent our next generation of military leaders. I’m proud to nominate them to our nation’s finest military academies,” said Rep. Kelly.
She nominated the following students for admission to the Class of 2021:
U.S. Military Academy at West Point, New York:
- Adrian Cavender, Momence High School;
- Frank Eason, Dolton, a student at Carver Military Academy in Chicago;
- Joshua Fraser, Manteno (home-schooled);
- Jeremy Gaines, Crete, Illinois Lutheran High School;
- Christian Hall, University Park, Crete-Monee High School:
- Thomas Maly, Bourbonnais, a cadet at Culver Academies in Culver, IN;
- Scarlett O’Hara, of Chicago’s Southeast Side and Walter Payton College Prep High School.
U.S. Naval Academy at Annapolis, Maryland:
- Cavender, Eason, Fraser, Gaines, Hall, Maly, O’Hara, and,
- Ethan Powers, Herscher, Bishop McNamara Catholic School in Kankakee;
- Gary Walker, South Holland, Chicago Military Academy in Bronzeville.
U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado:
- Fraser and Maly.
Each academy will review the list of students nominated by the Congresswoman and select the finalists for admission. The academies have an extremely competitive application process and are ranked annually among the best colleges in America. Upon graduation, the cadets become U.S. military officers and typically serve five to eight years in the armed services.