Congresswoman Kelly Hosts "Solutions Only" Congressional Field Inquiry on Health Care
Today, Congresswoman Robin Kelly hosted a Solutions Only Congressional Field Inquiry on health care at the Dirksen Federal Courthouse in Chicago.
"The goal of today's inquiry is to move beyond the partisan rhetoric and get to solutions that will make health care affordable and accessible for all Illinois families," said Congresswoman Kelly. "Families are tired of the name-calling and finger pointing; they want solutions and it's our obligation to find them."
A panel of six experts, representing a range of providers and advocates, provided evidence and answered questions from policymakers and attendees.
Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky (D-IL) and Congresswoman Karen Bass (D-CA) joined the inquiry, as did staff from the offices of Senator Dick Durbin, Senator Tammy Duckworth and Congressman Raja Krishnamoorthi.
Congresswoman Robin Kelly tweeted the following 'final recommendations' from her Congressional Field Inquiry on Health Care at the Dirksen Federal Courthouse in Chicago:
- #SolutionsOnly Idea 6: Prevention & education work best in the community. More resources are needed for community-centered care & workers.
- #SolutionsOnly Idea 5: Make sure that no one loses care, because of ACA repeal or unaffordable premiums.
- #SolutionsOnly Idea 4: Protect Medicaid expansion and the ability for young people, under 26, to remain on their parents' insurance.
- #SolutionsOnly Idea 3: Pass Medicare for All (I'm a proud co-sponsor of this bill!)
- #SolutionsOnly Idea 2: Maintain protections for people living with pre-existing conditions like #HIV, diabetes or being a cancer survivor.
- #SolutionsOnly Idea 1: Promote tele-health and tele-medicine to reduce costs and bring services to underserved, esp. rural, communities.